Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Whole30 Update: Days #5 & #6

Wow, I really don't know where to start with this day. I feel like Monday and Tuesday conspired to switch places. Monday was actually good! No tummy issues. I was really alert and focused at work. I skipped breakfast, but made a yummy salmon salad with a simple vinegarette. Then for dinner, I went to Dos Perros - THE BEST Mexican restaurant - for Taco and had their pork tenderloin, beef barbacoa, and veggie... the fillings only, of course! Finally, I got to watch Downton Abbey!!! YEEESSSSS!!!! It was a good day!

Today, however, was dumb. It was just dumb! I hate days like this. And it would have been the PERFECT cheat day!! OH MY GOSH!! I was in the car after my husband picked me up from work just dreaming of Mac and Cheese and French Fries!

And wine...Mmmm...

But this is the point, right? We are making a lifestyle change. We are learning how to eat for nutrition and for enjoyment, not comfort. I kept trying to remind myself of this as I was also dreaming of ice cream and a Mike's Hard Lemonade. Since I'm not having any of those things, dinner was pretty satisfying. Tonight I made...

(drumroll please)... Jambalaya!! I'm so sorry there are no pictures, I was still in a pretty rough mood until my second bowl :) But it was totally delicious! It was comforting because was tasty, but it was also a good choice! No matter how stressful my day was, I chose well. That was very comforting.

Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment