Monday, January 14, 2013

Food and Fun in the Sun

This weekend in my hometown was beautiful! It was a heavenly 72 degrees and partly sunny, which meant everyone and their Mom was outside getting some fresh air! Dave and I, of course did the same and it was wonderful!

But not before we had our traditional Sunday brunch:





This Sunday, I made Banana Crepes with Banana and Mango filling and some Beef Breakfast Patties on the side. This is probably the best Whole30 meal I have made to date. I will definitely double the amount of crepes next time, because my husband inhaled them! That meant he loved them, of course :)

After brunch, we headed for the park. Our go-to spot was as crowded as the mall on Black Friday, so we decided to go to a new park. Their trail ended up leading us into a great neighborhood that we ended up walking around for probably an hour. The weather was perfect, the people were friendly, and the terrain was greatly and hilly! We had a wonderful time.

Then we headed out to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to pick up a Nutribullet. The backstory is we wanted a juicer but I didn't feel good about not consuming the pulp which has the bulk of the healthy fiber and nutrients. My suspicions were confirmed after reading the section on fruits in The Primal Blueprint, so we landed on buying the Nutribullet. Its essentially a more powerful Magic Bullet and it purées fruits and veggies into delicious smoothie-like drinks. Added bonus: it has a milling blade to pulverize nuts and seeds (homemade nut butter, anyone?) At $80 bucks, you can't beat it.

We also stumbled upon this beautiful set of pots and pans in the clearance section. It was a 10-pc set of Bialetti Aeternum cookware marked down to $99 because the set was missing the stock pot top. Being that the original price was $160, I thought this was a pretty good deal! To buy it, I would have to use money I was setting aside for something else but, after talking it over, this was just a deal I couldn't pass up. So we take it to the cash register and, well, this is what we ended up paying for it:

Hallelujah is all I can say about that!! God is truly good! I was cheesing so hard after we left my face was starting to hurt!

We finally got home with our spoils and, after cleaning my new toys, I cooked dinner. We had our favorite - Kale Stuff with Spaghetti Squash - and it cooked beautifully in my new covered sauté pan!

Sunday was a blessed, full day and I'm excited to see what the week holds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment