Friday, January 4, 2013

Day #2

Today's score: 6 out of 10. It started with a pretty terrible night's sleep. The bloating plus my whacked out vacation schedule lent itself to me being wide awake from midnight to about 4. But, according to my husband, I did finally get some sleep and I woke up around 8:15 to make his breakfast and lunch and kiss him before he left for work. Today I was determined not to take a 4 hour nap again, so made myself a cup of tea and finally caught up on "Parenthood". Yeah, that's right, a couple of plain ol' tea. My stomach was still giving me trouble, so I didn't really eat anything until about 1pm.

That was too soon.

I finally had had enough, and began to google remedies for my digestion woes, when I ran across something called digestive enzymes. It turns out that I am not the first person to deal with bloating and constipation from the Whole30 program and people had experienced relief after taking these supplements. So tonight, before our baked chicken and veggies dinner, I took one as directed and...I'm beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel! I'm certainly not free of discomfort, but some relief as occurred and I'm truly grateful!

As for the headaches, they are still present and reminding me of my past addiction to carbs and sugar.

There is one thing that is changing, though. I feel like I am doing my body a huge favor! I feel like I am correcting some serious food relationship issues. I'm beating cravings. I'm learning new ways to entertain myself besides parking in front of the tv and snacking on the entire contents of my fridge. I'm reading and writing and studying. This is a good thing.

By the way, sorry for being a liar about taking food pics. Those will come, especially when the food gets a little more interesting.

There's so much more I want to say, but I fear being long winded.

Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment