Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Hinge

"The Biggest Loser" always gets me choked up, always. I'm sitting here eating my first meal of the day (an apple first thing this morning, now some sausage with sautéed okra and celery), watching the premier of the show and it breaks my heart. It breaks my heart because these people aren't obscure, these people represent America. They represent an epidemic has gone passed affecting adults and is now affecting our nation's children! Bob Harper (one of the trainer's on the show) said that there is a statistic stating that many in the current generation of children won't meet the lifespan of their parents. WHAT??? You mean to tell me that with all the technological, scientific, and medical advances we have made cumulatively as a country, our children still won't make it to the current average lifespan??? It's mind boggling.

But this is also the first time I'm watching "The Biggest Loser" while I'm actually doing something about my own weight!! I'm excited that I am finally taking ownership of my life. It's mine! While I am able to choose, I'm choosing to live my life in the fullness that God intended. He built me a beautiful body, and I'm going to celebrate it! And my mind and spirit will finally be showcased as it was meant to be.

Yes, yesterday was rough... My God, it was surreal and really frustrating. But my husband and I made it through WHILE making good choices. No slipping or caving, we just leaned on God and each other an and pressed forward. And now it's today, and today has been good!

Will post food pictures later, and some recipes! I mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment