Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions

Well, friends, it's that time again. It's time to reflect on the past year and look toward the next. I can honestly say this has been the most relaxing New Years Eve of my life. I've done very little today, but I am learning that that is okay and even necessary once in a while.

As far as resolutions go, mine are pretty simple.

1. Take better care of myself: This resolution has a lot of levels. Dave and I will be doing something called the Whole30 in January, then we will be transitioning into the Paleo diet. I will also be working on finding more opportunities every day to move a little more - parking in a far away parking spot so I can walk a little farther to the store, buying a soccer ball so Dave and I can play outside, hiking in our nearby park, etc. The fact of the matter is we want our bodies ready for the demands of the future, whether that be children, travel, etc, and the future starts now.

2. Expanding the Mrs. Curly Girl business: For Christmas this year, I made all the adult ladies body butter! It was a great experience and it sparked a desire to create an Etsy store selling body and haircare products. My main focus is to work on some recipes, copy-write the name and buy the domain name, then create a small inventory of product and open the store! With no excuses I want this all done by the end of the year. I say no excuses because I tend to get really bogged down with the details of starting a new project and it rarely makes it off the ground. This is something I really want to do because it is filling a need and it will contribute to my family.

3. Study nutrition: I love food. I have loved it all my life. Recently I have learned to love food in a new way, as medicine. I have been learned bits and pieces on the healing power of food over the last year, but I really want to carve out regular time this year to really study the subject of nutrition deeper. I eventually want to go to school and at least get my bachelors in nutrition and wellness, but I'm more concerned with getting the knowledge.

So those are my goals. There are other things I want to do: clean the kitchen daily, clean the house weekly, have a more prepared kitchen, spend more quality time with my husband, spend more quality time with The Lord. All these things will happen, but the top 3 are special to this year. Lots of change is coming to our household and I must make sure my priorities are in place.

Yay for 2013! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment